With the 2.x version of the Wallboard application, we started to use Google's WebView. Devices with outdated WebView can malfunction.
This guide shows you how to replace the WebView on your Android device remotely through the Editor.
To replace the WebView you need to send a command to the device from the editor.
1. Right click on the desired screen and go to Manage screens -> Send command
2. Input one of the following command to the input field and press Send button.
Version 2.21.06.x and before:
* Downloads the webview.apk from the CMS server and replaces the Android system WebView
* Downloads the apk from the given URL and replaces the Chromium WebView
* Downloads the apk from the given URL and replaces the Google system WebView
3. Your device will now download the new WebView. Once the download is complete the device will reboot.
Note: The devices download the WebView from the server which they are connected to. If there is no webview.apk uploaded to your server by us then the device will not update the WebView. In this case please contact email@example.com.
4. When the device reboots it will change the WebView and will reboot again.
Leverage Wallboard's powerful suite of tools to create, automate, and manage dynamic digital signage that your audience will remember.